Keeping a show's RSS feed current is critical to ensuring that listeners will continue to be able to find the show in Apple, Google, and Spotify podcast apps.
Updating the RSS feed in Apple Podcasts
- Login to iTunes Connect
- Tap My Podcasts
- Tap on the podcast that needs to be updated
- Enter the new RSS feed url
- Tap the "Save" button
Updating the RSS feed in Spotify
- Login to podcasters.spotify.com
- Tap Catalog at the top
- Tap the podcast that needs to be updated
- Tap Details
- Under Podcast settings tap the Update button
- Enter the new RSS feed url and tap the Next button to finish updating the feed
Updating the RSS feed in Google Podcasts
As of July 2020, Google Podcasts does not support changing the RSS feed of a show. So it's important to redirect the old feed to the new RSS feed in the old podcast hosting platform.
In this article you learned how to update your podcast RSS feed url in Apple, Spotify, and Google. This is an important step in moving your podcast to Resonate Hosting. Before shutting off your old podcast host, publish an episode in the new host and verify that it appears in Apple, Google, and Spotify. If it does, you are ready to shut off your old hosting account.