Podcast categories and sub-categories are used by Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and other directories to categorize and organize your podcast show by topic. Categories help your show to be discovered by listeners that may be interested in a specific category. Another benefit is that each category in Apple Podcasts has a top chart section that your show may become eligible for.
You can select up to 3 top-level categories and sub-categories for your show. Only one is required but we recommend you select all 3 to improve the discoverability of your show. Here is the complete list of Apple Podcast categories.
How To update the Category For Your Podcast on Resonate
- Log in to your Resonate account
- Click on the Settings Tab
- Under your show settings click on Podcast Profile
- Under the Podcast Profile select Podcast Directories or scroll down to that section
- Select the Podcast Category 1 from the dropdown (This is the main category your podcast will show up under)
- Select the correct category under Podcast Category 2
- Select the correct category under Podcast Category 3
- Hit Save