You can easily create and post an episode from your Resonate account. In this article, we will show you how to create and publish an episode using Resonate Hosting. This post covers how to post an episode that has not been processed through Resonate post-production services. If you are posting an episode from an episode master we recommend you follow the steps in this article.
If you normally use Resonate for post-production services but do not want to use an episode credit for a particular episode, you can follow the steps below.
1. Login to your Resonate account.
2. Go to the Episodes page
3. Click ...or publish an episode below the START EPISODE button
4. Complete the following fields:
- Title (Episode title that will show up in all directories)
- Season (Season Number)
- Number (Episode Number)
- Type (Episode Type - Full, Bonus, or Trailer)
- Description (Episode description or summary)
- Check the "This episode contains explicit content" if needed
- Select the Episode Publish Date (When do you want your episode to go live?)
- Select your Episode Audio (Select Choose File and wait for the file to upload)
5. Hit Submit
6. Review the episode master and confirm it was approved on the episode detail page
EACH PODCAST DIRECTORY HAS AN INDEPENDENT REFRESH CYCLE THAT WILL IMPACT WHEN YOUR EPISODE WILL SHOW UP IN THAT PARTICULAR DIRECTORY. THOUGH YOU SELECTED A SPECIFIC PUBLISH DATE AND TIME IN YOUR RESONATE ACCOUNT, THIS IS NOT THE EXACT TIME THAT EPISODE WILL SHOW UP IN EACH DIRECTORY. IF YOU NEED TO SHARE YOUR EPISODE AT A SPECIFIC TIME WE RECOMMEND YOU POINT YOUR LISTENERS TO YOUR RESONATE MICROSITE OR EMBED THE MEDIA PLAYER ON YOUR WEBSITE. IN OUR EXPERIENCE EPISODES USUALLY, SHOW UP IN SPOTIFY THE SOONEST AND APPLE CAN TYPICALLY TAKE THE LONGEST. WE RECOMMEND ALLOWING AT LEAST 3-4 HOURS FOR YOUR EPISODE TO SHOW UP IN ALL DIRECTORIES FROM THE TIME IT WAS POSTED FROM YOUR RESONATE ACCOUNT.
IF YOUR EPISODE IS STILL NOT SHOWING UP IN A PARTICULAR DIRECTORY AFTER 4 HOURS FROM THE POST TIME IN RESONATE, WE RECOMMEND YOU REACH OUT TO THAT SPECIFIC DIRECTORY FOR SUPPORT USING THE CONTACTS BELOW:
- APPLE - email@example.com
- SPOTIFY - firstname.lastname@example.org
- GOOGLE - email@example.com
- GOOGLE PLAY - firstname.lastname@example.org
- STITCHER - https://stitcher.helpshift.com/a/stitcher-partners/?p=all
- TUNEIN - https://help.tunein.com/contact/update-podcast-B1t1cTruf